Friday, September 25, 2009

VOLTRAN VOLTRAN VOLTRAN



In 1980’s there was an animated cartoon which was called “Voltran” or “Defenders of Universe”. I don’t know how many of you familiar with it and I am not sure whether this animated cartoon showed in other countries or not but it was my one of the favorite television programs for children. The main characters of series were 5 mechanical robot lions and 5 hero warrior controlling these robot lions. Each lion had a separate ability. In case of emergency, they can either fight separately or form Voltran to protect universe from enemies. Everybody remembers stories of Voltran if you watch them.

Those days I was around 7 years old and every week I was eagerly waiting for that series to see new story of Voltran and the pilots of 5 lions. One week I was wanting to be pilot of black lion which forms head of Voltran and another week I was wanting to be pilot of red lion which forms right arm of Voltran. It was our hero of our childhood time. It was so popular that you could see it on chewing gum, chocolate, toys even our shirts.

One day I saw an advertisement of a company which sold chewing gum including picture cards of Voltran. They said that if we could bring together all these serial picture cards and send those to company until due date, the company would send us a big spectacular model of Voltran. There were 200 picture cards that I had to bring together but I was patient enough to achieve this. I started to either buy those chewing gums or exchange picture cards with my friends. Because sometimes I had more than one same card and so did my friends therefore exchanging picture cards saved time. It took my weeks to bring them together. I almost found all picture cards only except one. I tried to do my best to find that card but I couldn’t. I bought many chewing gums with all my pocket money and I asked all my friends if they had one that I missed but I couldn’t find it. Due date was approaching and I was so upset. I had to do something to get that big model toy. I decided to write a letter to company and I would put that letter next to picture cards in envelope. I wrote to company that I had seen their advertisement and like many other children I had started to collect those picture cards to get their model Voltran but I had been not able to find one picture card. I stated that the company became so popular that every child knew its name after that campaign and I asked company if they could send me the model Voltran even if I had sent series of picture cards with one missed.

I did not know what the company would do regarding my request. 2 months later I received a package from that company. Can you guess what it was in the package? ….. There were 2 boxes of chewing gum including picture cards of Voltran instead of model Voltran. I thought that the company deceived us and in fact the missed card had not been in the series. I was disappointed again at first but later on I consoled myself due to 2 boxes of chewing gum with picture cards of Voltran.


Source:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8003/voltran5yu.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.frmtr.com/nostalji/1830966-voltran.html&usg=__63aTVdg8Af6VGwaY-jrOVemPkDg=&h=567&w=457&sz=146&hl=tr&start=1&um=1&tbnid=bZrT_VfxdU6d2M:&tbnh=134&tbnw=108&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvoltran%26hl%3Dtr%26rlz%3D1C1CHMB_trTR324TR324%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

No comments:

Post a Comment