Saturday, November 21, 2009

LONG DISTANCE BUS JOURNEY…

Sometimes we are informed about interesting topics such as ratio of sleep in our lives or average walking distance per day for average person. One of my favorite statistics is how many times people travel alone by public transportation during their lives. Travelling alone is always important to me because many important decisions are taken especially during long distance travel.

When I was 13, I left my family to study at boarding high school in another city which is 500 km far away from my home town and I started to long distance travel in those times. I preferred to window side and I like to lean my head on the window by help of pillow. In 1990’s it was not forbidden to smoke in buses and the only bus from capital city to my home town was at night. It was terrible journey due to smoke in the bus until morning. Fortunately, firstly smoking in public transport was banned few years after my first long distance journey and then the law was expanded as in all indoor places.

After settling on the bus seat, the journey into inner world of the man also starts. Even if sometimes a person by you pretends to start a talk with you, you can always have enough time to think about yourself. People not only think about our pasts, but they also think about their now and futures. These journeys are rare opportunities for people to confront themselves. People can judge better themselves and be objective while they are alone. They also can enjoy their journey very much feeling mixture of different emotions.

Travelling might be more enjoyable in Turkey because transportation by bus is very popular and service sector in long distance bus transportation is developed. During your 8 hours bus journey, hot and cold beverages with snacks are always provided by Bus Company. These are nostalgia and living the nostalgia again might be enjoyable and exciting.

Sorce:

http://www.ilkhabergazetesi.com/wordpress/wp-content//2008/09/yol_manzarasi.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment